Week 7 Incivility and Healthful Environments & Government Reports Homework
Reflect on an experience in which you were directly involved or witnessed incivility in the workplace ( as a nurse I saw how doctors discussed with incivility that they could not do anything more for patients with cancer; pancreatic cancer ) . Provide a brief synopsis of the situation. How did this make you feel? How did you respond? What were the consequences of this situation? Provide an example of how this negatively affected the work environment and outcomes. How could the situation have been prevented? Discuss strategies that would support a healthy work environment.
APA style and no plagiarism and at least one citation
Integration of Evidence: The student post provides support from a minimum of one scholarly in-text citation with a matching reference AND assigned readings OR online lessons, per discussion topic per week.
- What is a scholarly resource? A scholarly resource is one that comes from a professional, peer-reviewed publication (e.g., journals and government reports such as those from the FDA or CDC).
- Contains references for sources cited
- Written by a professional or scholar in the field and indicates credentials of the author(s)
- Is no more than 5 years old for clinical or research article
- What is not considered a scholarly resource?
- Newspaper articles and layperson literature (e.g., Readers Digest, Healthy Life Magazine, Food, and Fitness)
- Information from Wikipedia or any wiki
- Website homepages
- The weekly lesson
- Articles in healthcare and nursing-oriented trade magazines, such as Nursing Made Incredibly Easy and RNMagazine (Source: What is a scholarly article.docx; Created 06/09 CK/CL Revised: 02/17/11, 09/02/11 nlh/clm)
- Can the lesson for the week be used as a scholarly source?
- Information from the weekly lesson can be cited in a posting; however, it is not to be the sole source used in the post.
- Are resources provided from CU acceptable sources (e.g., the readings for the week)?
- Not as a sole source within the post. The textbook and/or assigned (required) articles for the week can be used, but another outside source must be cited for full credit. Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources for the purpose of discussions.
- Are websites acceptable as scholarly resources for discussions?
- Yes, if they are documents or data cited from credible websites. Credible websites usually end in .gov or .edu; however, some .org sites that belong to professional associations (e.g., American Heart Association, National League for Nursing, American Diabetes Association) are also considered credible websites. Websites ending with .com are not to be used as scholarly resources
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.