Walden University Wk 5 Psychopathology and Diagnosis for Social Work Discussion
Social workers take particular care when diagnosing anxiety due to its similarity to other conditions. In this Discussion, you carefully assess a client with anxiety disorder using the steps of differential diagnosis. You also recommend an intervention for treating the disorder.
Post a 300- to 500-word response in which you address the following:
- Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis for the client. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention). Keep in mind a diagnosis covers the most recent 12 months.
- Explain the diagnosis by matching the symptoms identified in the case to the specific criteria for the diagnosis.
- Discuss other disorders you considered for this diagnosis and eliminated (the differential diagnoses).
- Describe an evidence-based assessment scale that would assist in the ongoing validation of your diagnosis.
- Recommend a specific intervention and explain why this intervention may be effective in treating the client. Support your recommendation with U.S-based scholarly references and resources.
Note: You do not need to include an APA reference to the DSM-5 in your response. However, your response should clearly be informed by the DSM-5, demonstrating an understanding of the risks and benefits of treatment to the client. You do need to include an APA reference for the assessment tool and any other resources you use to support your response.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.