VCU Women Leadership United States Congress Questions Response
Who was the first woman elected to Congress? And which state was she from? (Read her biography on the U.S. House of Representatives website: https://history.house.gov/People/Listing/R/RANKIN,-Jeannette-(R000055)/
What was her role in the women’s suffrage movement and the passage of the 19th Amendment?
- When was the first year that more than 10 women were elected to the U.S. House of Representatives? (Note: See CAW Fact Sheet PDF, page 2)
When was the first year that more than 5 women were elected to the U.S. Senate? (Note: See CAW Fact Sheet PDF, page 2)
Who was the first woman to hold a party leadership position in Congress and when did that occur? (Note: See CAW Fact Sheet, Page 1)
Which state has sent the most women to Congress? Which state has NEVER sent a women to Congress? (Note: see https://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/women-us-congress-2019).
- Women compose slightly over 50% of the population in the United States. What percentage of the U.S. Senate and U.S. House are composed of women? (Note: see https://www.cawp.rutgers.edu/women-us-congress-2019).
- How does the United States fare in rankings of the percentage of women in national legislatures around the world? (See http://archive.ipu.org/wmn-e/classif.htm).
- According to a study by Lawless and Fox, what percentage of women and men who have considered running for office, or even simply discussed the idea with friends and family? (See Data Packet, Table 3).
- Among respondents to a study by Lawless and Fox, what are some top factors that deter women candidates from running for office? (See Data Packet, Table 5)
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.