University of Massachusetts Flint Water Crisis Fast Facts Article Analysis
*******DO NOT PLAGIARIZE********
- Find an article concerning a water issue
- A contamination event (microorganism, chemical, radiological, etc)
- A natural or manmade disaster that caused water issues
- Interesting water happening
- New Technology to provide cleaner water
- Essays must have an introduction, at least three supporting paragraphs and a conclusion. A well-stated thesis is also a must.
- Find other sources to support your essay’s main points. A minimum of 2 sources must be included in this essay.
- Form your own opinion on the topic (refer to possible questions below).
- Include a quote from the article.
- Include a graphic from the article if possible.
- 12 pt font double spaced
- PAPER SHOULD BE WELL WRITTEN AND ORGANIZED
Points to consider (or questions to answer):
- Was the Clean Water Act (CWA) violated? And if yes, how was it violated (try to be specific)
- Was the situation avoidable?
- Who was ultimately responsible for this? Or, what was the cause of this?
- Are there health effects caused by this? If yes, are they long term or short term
- Are there any lasting affects to the environment
- Can the water quality go back to the way it was?
- Could this have been prevented?
- If water was used as a source of supply for drinking water, can treatment remove the problem
- Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
- Camp Lejeune
- Woburn MA
- Hinckley Water Contamination
- Elk River
- Milwaukee 1993
- Coal Ash Pond NC
- Exxon Valdez
- Yellowstone River
- Hoosick Falls NY
- Gyre Garbage Patches
- Deep Water Horizon
- Love Canal
- Gulf of Mexico Dead Zone
- Gideon Missouri
- Onondaga Lake
- Pittsfield MA
- Carroll County GA
- Bushy Creek TX
- Puerto Rico in 1987
- Salmonella in Missouri 1989
- Walkerton Ontario 2000
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.