University of Maryland Data Visualization and Infographics Discussion
Topic 1: Data Visualization
This week you watched Big Data Visualization (YouTube Video) and Information is Beautiful (https://informationisbeautiful.net)where you learned about how good designs are the best way to navigate information overabundance
David McCandless turns complex data sets (like worldwide military spending, media buzz, Facebook status updates) into beautiful, simple diagrams that tease out unseen patterns and connections. Choose ONE of the graphics to discuss from Information is Beautiful.and then answer the following questions:
- What ideas or pieces of information does the author present? List as many as you can.
- Identify the main conclusion told in the graphic. This should not just be the title, but what conclusion you can make from the information provided.
- Describe how the author represents data in the graphic. Example, using color to represent two things.
- What other ways does the author tell the audience about the key message(s)?
- What do you like/dislike about the graphic?
- URL of the graphic.
Topic 2: Infographics
An infographic is a visual representation of information, data, or knowledge meant to present complex information quickly and clearly. Infographics exist on nearly any topic you can imagine, proliferating in the digital age with social media.
Locate an infographic (should NOT from the Information is Beautiful website) which relates to ONE of the topics covered within this course: (no more than two postings related to the same topic will be permitted)
Responses will need to include, but are not limited to:
- Title of Infographic (if not available then subject it relates to)
- Detail how the Infographic relates to the topic
- Analysis and recommendations for adjustment
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.