Structures Pre-Cast and Tilt-up Construction
This assignment may be prepared and turned in via Blackboard or email in MS Word or pdf format.
Pre-cast concrete is used widely in commercial, industrial and institutional projects. Placing pre-cast
concrete elements falls in to three main categories: 1) pre-cast structural columns, beams and decks, 2)
complete pre-cast wall sections, and 3) pre-cast concrete finishing elements (non-structural decorative
elements). These elements are manufactured off-site and delivered to the site where they are installed.
Tilt-up concrete construction also involves placement of pre-cast concrete wall sections, however the
sections are cast on-site, then lifted into place.
The purpose of this assignment is to introduce you to and familiarize yourself with pre-cast and tilt-up
concrete construction. It is not a research project, so answers should be brief.
1. How are pre-cast concrete elements set in to place? What equipment is used to manipulate
them into position?
2. How are tilt-up sections lifted and set into place? What equipment is used?
3. How are tilt-up wall sections and pre-cast wall sections held in place and kept stable until the
deck and roof structural system is in place?
4. What is the main difference between pre-cast construction and tilt-up construction?
5. What are the safety considerations when placing pre-cast or tilt-up wall sections?
6. What are the advantages of using pre-cast construction?
7. How are pre=cast structural elements (columns, beams, deck sections) connected to each
other? What equipment is needed?
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.