Strayer University Cloud Technology and Virtualization Paper
With the merger of your company with a multinational company, you have come to realize that progressive solutions are necessary to defray some of the associated information technology costs. Company executives believe that using cloud technology and virtualization is becoming the standard for companies that are engaged in Internet-based technologies. Your company is on the verge of global marketing and competition; therefore, your company needs to make smarter decisions and improve global business performance. Cloud technology and virtualization are believed to provide business insights without enormous infrastructure enhancements. The executive board is aware of the profound benefits of cloud technology and virtualization but is apprehensive because they are unfamiliar with the look and feel of the technology. The executive team is interested in your recommendations and eagerly waiting for your forward-thinking viewpoint.
Write a four to six (4-6) page design document in which you:
- Support the need for the use of cloud technology and virtualization within the company.
- Assess expected cost savings in hardware infrastructure.
- Determine the possible reductions of human capital that can be realized from implementing cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Create a diagram through the use of Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia to illustrate how cloud and virtualization technology could align with the company’s business processes and assist with attainment of organizational goals. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length but must be included in the design document appendix.
- Provide a compelling recommendation for solution providers and partners that could help the company secure a firm competitive advantage by using cloud and virtualization technologies.
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the project plan (summary and detail) template, from Project Deliverable 3: Database and Data Warehousing Design, with three to five (3-5) new project tasks each consisting of five to ten (5-10) subtasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of existing and emerging information technologies and strategic impact on organizational operations.
- Explain how to develop reasoned responses to the major forces shaping the role of IT in organizations competing in a global economy.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership issues and strategic insight of the Information systems domain using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.