Southwestern Community College Lactic Acid Compounds Discussion
- Summarize that acids are compounds that release hydrogen ions (protons) when dissolved in aqueous solution.
- Discuss how bases are compounds that are proton acceptors.
- Summarize the mathematical definition of pH is the negative of the logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration.
- Discuss how pH is a measure of the acidity of the solution. The lower the pH, the more acidic the solution.
- Summarize how buffers work based on the nature of weak acids and their conjugate bases that compose the buffer.
- Summarize how buffers are not just an artificial system used in the laboratory. Living systems are buffered by naturally occurring compounds.
Respond to the following:
Why is lactic acid not always a bad thing?
- -Posts well developed answers that fully addresses and develops all aspects of the concept
- -Posts factually correct, reflective and substantive contribution; advances discussion.
- -Use REFERENCES to literature, readings, or personal experience to support comments
- – be 500 words minimum :
- APA writing style
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.