SEU University Logistic Management Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should review chapter 7 of textbook as well as secondary available information on internet.
The Toyota Production System (TPS) is an integrated socio-technical system, developed by Toyota, which comprises its management philosophy and practices. The TPS organizes manufacturing and logistics for the automobile manufacturer, including interaction with suppliers and customers. The system is a major precursor of the more generic “Lean Manufacturing”. Originally called “just-in-time production”, it builds on the approach created by the founder of Toyota.
Using this concept of Lean Thinking and JIT you should answer the following questions by taking any Saudi Manufacturing company.
- Why Companies adopted Lean Thinking and JIT model? (3 Marks)
- Discuss major types of Waste, companies must keep in mind during production. (3 Marks)
- Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits from Suppliers to end users? (3 Marks)
- References (1 Marks)
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
- Lean Thinking and JIT Concept
- Their Main functions
- Any local example (saudi arabia )
- Reasons with suitable Examples
- Every Answer should be 400 to 500 range of words in length.
- Learning Outcome:1.Illustrate the concepts of logistic system operations used in logisticsystems, time-based management,and lean thinking.2.Interpret the use advanced theory and methods to identify inefficienciesin supply chains3.Demonstrate ability to work with others effectively as a team member inlogistic management projects, related to case studies or new themes
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.