Saint Xavier University Culture and Health Plan Project A& B
PROJECT A Remember that culture can also include gender equality, sexual orientation, and other cultures besides race and religion – including cultures unique to one particular family.
- Assessment: Discuss what you would assess in regard to a client’s culture. For example, are there specific dietary requirements? Are schedule changes necessary to avoid conflicts with religious practices? Who is the spokesperson for the family? What would you assess?
- Diagnosis: List any mental health nursing diagnoses this person has or may be at risk for. Include at least one cultural diagnosis.
- Planning: What planning needs to be done to ensure the cultural and emotional safety of the client?
- Implementation: What are interventions that would ensure the safety of your client in regard to culture? Include at least two interventions. For example, if your client has religious beliefs that affect the ability to take medications, what interventions would you create to ensure the client’s safety? What can you do to make sure the client’s cultural needs are met?
- Evaluation: How will you evaluate whether your implementation was effective? Make sure the parameters are objective and measurable.
- In your summary, discuss whether any completed interventions were successful. What could be done differently in the future? If the interventions have not yet been carried out, you might discuss some institutional changes that could be made to ensure cultural safety for all clients in that setting.
1. Identify and present significance of: (Use these underlined headings)
C. Early 20’s (2)
D. Family Influence (2)
2. Diagnosis/treatment – (1)
3. Substance Abuse/ alcohol involved? (1)
4. The Infamous Act/ Traumatic event/ Crime (2)
5. Incarceration/ Jail Where? (1)
6. Death or current circumstances (1)
7. How are all the above events tied together? (2)
8. How do the effects of an underlying (often untreated) Mental Illness contribute to a Human Being’s demise? (2)
9. What characteristics of a serial Killer do you see in your criminal? List these here.
(Antisocial behavior, Arson, Torturing small animals, Poor family life, Childhood Abuse, Substance abuse, Voyeurism, Intelligence [hi or low], Shiftlessness). (2)
10. Where could health care personnel/teachers have intervened in this child’s life to prevent this tragedy if it were NOW? Paragraph of Your opinion. (2)
11. Wanted poster (Like in the Old West) To show (You may be presenting to class). (1)
12. Choose three priority Mental Health Nursing diagnoses. The nursing care plan should include (4):
- What the diagnosis is related to?
- Evidence that supports the chosen Mental Health nursing diagnoses.
- Planned outcomes that are patient-centered.- SMART
- Nursing interventions that are evidence-based and include rationales.
- How will you evaluate the effectiveness of the plan? Include an evaluation tool or rubric?
- HINT: See Varcarolis
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.