Pasadena City College Role of a Nephrologist Questions
I’m working on a biology question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
For this assignment, each member of your group will be taking on the role of a different medical specialist in a different city. Each person in your group should have a different role, so before you write your post, check to see which roles have been taken. The first person who logs on in from your group selects their preferred specialty. I suggest logging on and selecting your specialty before the final post is complete (Ex Linda- Pulmonologist). As subsequent posts continue, please select a specialty that has not been taken.
If there are more than 4 people in your group, then a team member can post on a specialty that has already been discussed. However, the post must be different and new facts must be included. A specialty can be repeated once only in groups of more than 4 people. Remember to included sources.
This assignment requires one post. Title your post with the name of your medical specialty.
Be sure to write the answers to the following questions in your own words; no direct quotes! Please also cite all sources fully, including in-text citations and a full reference list at the end, for full credit.
- In your expert role, what body system(s) do you specialize in?
- What are the main organs of that system(s)?
- The top comorbidities for patients hospitalized with COVID-19 are listed below, ranked in order of prevalence. Identify all of the comorbidities that you believe are relevant to your medical specialty. (You should have at least two for full credit.) Explain your reasoning for why each health condition is relevant to your medical specialty. Your explanation should briefly discuss the physiology of the condition and include at least one in-text citation for each comorbidity, with a properly formatted reference list at the end.
- Coronary artery disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic kidney disease
- The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is piloting a COVID-19 educational outreach program to high risk communities within the county. You will use public health data to identify a community that is vulnerable to complications from COVID-19 from the perspective of your medical specialty. Using your answer to #3, analyze the health condition data below to determine which city has poor health outcomes related to those comorbidities compared to other cities. Choose one community (San Fernando, El Monte, Watts, Boyle Heights, or Wilmington) and briefly explain your reasoning.
Note: Los Angeles County data has been provided as a comparison.
|San Fernando||El Monte||Watts||Boyle Heights||Wilmington||Los Angeles County|
|Coronary artery disease||8.7||9.5||5.6||8.2||15.4||5.39|
|Chronic kidney disease||3.4||3.7||3.1||3.5||4.6||2.53|
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.