Norfolk State University Comprehensive Health Planning Case Study
I’m working on a health & medical multi-part question and need an explanation to help me learn.
- Review the Case Study: Health Policy, see attached.
- Use critical thinking and metacognition to analyze and answer the following questions:
- What is Genomics?
- Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is the chemical compound that directs the activities of nearly all living organisms. DNA molecules are made of two twisting, paired strands, or a double helix. What is an organism’s complete set of DNA called?
- 23andMe is a personal genomics and biotechnology company founded in 2006 that provides direct-to-consumer genetic testing using a saliva sample. Why is it important to safeguard patients’ genetic information from employers and insurance underwriters? Be sure to include an example from the text and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Research and discuss a component of GINA and how it protects patient privacy and confidentiality. What are the future implications for consumer health information related to privacy and confidentiality of personal genomic data?
- What recommendations have the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) developed for the clinical application of whole-genome sequencing? Articulate the costs and potential rewards of incorporating genomics into an individual patient treatment program and outline potential strategic planning.
- Write a 4-5-page paper in APA (2020) format, see “Sample Paper.”
- Include a cover page with your group name and members, an abstract, and a reference page with 15-peer reviewed references and the textbook.
- Answer the questions listed above within the text of your paper using APA sublevel headings.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.