Moraine Valley Community College Module 5 Southwest Airlines Case Study
Scenario:At Southwest Airlines,”Our people are our single greatest strength andmost enduring long term competitive advantage.” says Gary Kelly, CEOSouthwest Airlines.
Southwest Airlines was incorporated in Texas and commenced CustomerService on June 18, 1971, with three Boeing 737 aircraft serving threeTexas cities: Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Today, Southwestoperates more than 550 Boeing 737 aircraft among 73 cities. Southwesttopped the monthly domestic originating passenger rankings for the firsttime in May 2003. Yearend results for 2011 marked Southwest’s 39thconsecutive year of profitability. Southwest became a major airline in1989 when it exceeded the billion-dollar revenue mark. Southwest is theUnited States’ most successful low fare, high-frequency, point-to-pointcarrier. Southwest operates more than 3,200 flights a day coast tocoast, and is the largest U.S. carrier based on domestic passengersboarded as of March 31, 2011, as measured by the U.S. Department ofTransportation.
After reading the case study scenario, conduct independent researchto help support your paper. Describe the assessment processes used. Thenin a 2 – 3 page paper address the following:
- Provide an overview of the hiring process at Southwest
- What can you learn from Southwest Air?
- Do they really value their team?
- Is it difficult to obtain a job there?
- Do they practice what they preach?
- Describe what assessment methods they use
- Your conclusion on the importance of assessment
- Be sure to use APA style with at least two sources cited
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.