Grossmont College Drawing on Modernism in Alison Bechdels Fun Home HW
For each assigned book, you’ll have the option of writing one Reading Journal entry of two full pages (2 pages = onto page 3) that critically engages with some aspect of the text, and formulates a brief literary argument. You will be required to turn in FOUR Reading Journals for the EIGHT books that we read, so it is up to you which four you respond to. Reading Journal entries must be posted to your Reading Journal page on the class Canvas page any time before the start of class on the day they are due. If some part of one of our readings speaks to you or you think of something interesting in chapter two, feel free to post your journal in advance of the deadline. Please see the Course Schedule for due dates. Each of the four journals will be worth 25 points, totaling 100 points. No extra credit will be given for additional reading journals turned in beyond four.
The primary goal of this assignment is for you to critically (and rather briefly) engage with some aspect of the text, and turn in a reflection in which you analyze some aspect of the text and formulate a brief literary argument. Perhaps you think that Arlen’s search for his father is truly what’s driving his exploration of his heritage, or perhaps you see the character of Arlen’s wife making a distinct difference in the outcome of his search—make a brief case for whatever one argument it is that you want to reflect on, and make at least three textual connections to the readings to support that main argument.
Five points each (totaling 20 points):
- Formulate a clear central argument
- Make at least three textual connections
- Cite any time that you quote
- Follow the below specifics
Assignment Specifics (5 points):
- 2-3 full pages (2 full = onto pg. 3), double-spaced, 12-point standard font.
- Turn in on Canvas before class.
- Number your pages (top right) and type your name in front of the number in the header.
- Make sure you select the entire document and check the “Don’t add space between paragraphs of the same style” box in Microsoft Word.
- Use APA, MLA, or Chicago style for page layout and citation style (depending on what’s most familiar to you from your major).
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.