Case Study: Part 3
You will be creating a case study in stages over four course topics. This assignment will add to your previous work in Topic 3. Use an example from your own personal practice, experience, or own personal/family (however, simulated cases are not acceptable for practice hours and therefore not acceptable for this assignment). Examples might include a patient with Duchesne’s muscular dystrophy, Huntington’s disease, Down’s syndrome, sickle-cell anemia, BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 mutations, or another genetic disorder that you or the organization you practice in may specialize in treating.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic and at least one in-text citation for each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite for similarity score check.
For this assignment (Part 3 of the Case Study), write in about (1,000-1,250 words) incorporating genetics information learned from assigned readings in Topics 1-5. Include the following:
- Examine how genetics can influence policy issues.
- Discuss any nutritional influences for the cause of this disease.
- Discuss the process of nutritional assessment and counseling as it relates to health, prevention, screening, diagnostics, prognostics, selection of treatment, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness.
- Discuss the prevalence rates, testing, treatment, and prognosis as they relate to human nutrition.
Kiechl, S., Pechlaner, R., Willeit, P., Notdurfter, M., Paulweber, B., Willeit, K., Werner, P., Ruckenstuhl, C., Iglseder, B., Weger, S., Mairhofer, B., Gartner, M., Kedenko, L., Chmelikova, M., Stekovic, S., Stuppner, H., Oberhollenzer, F., Kroemer, G., Mayr, M., … Willeit, J. (2018). Higher spermidine intake is linked to lower mortality: A prospective population-based study. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 108(2), 371-380.
Brown, H. M., Rollo, M. E., De Vlieger, N. M., Collins, C. E., & Bucher, T. (2018). Influence of the nutrition and health information presented on food labels on portion size consumed: A systematic review. Nutrition Reviews, 76(9), 655-677.
Study findings on diet and nutrition are outlined in reports from Kennedy Krieger Institute (Environmental influences on health and development: nutrition, substance exposure, and adverse childhood experiences). (2019, February 8). Health and Medicine Week, 447.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.