FCS250 Point Loma Nazarene Nutritional Issues Paper
FCS 250 Assignment – Chapter 9 (37 pts)
1. Design a qualitative study by filling in all information.
A. Statement of the Problem: (2 pts)
B. Research Question and/or Objective: (2 pts)
C. Which data collection method will you use? (2 pts)
D. How will you approach data collection using this method? (3 pts)
2.Explain an example of a situation where a focus group would be better to use than individual interviews. (4 pts)
3.Read the following qualitative study and answer these questions.
Bailey-David, L., Virus, A., McCoy, T.A., Wojtanowski, A., VanderVeur, S., & Foster, G.D. (2013). Middle school student and parent perceptions of government-sponsored free school breakfast and consumption: A qualitative inquiry in an urban setting. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 113, 251-257.
- What is the problem the study is going to address? What is the purpose of the study? (2 pts)
- How were the participants recruited and selected? (2 pts)
- How many participants took part in the study? Were participants given anything for participating? (2 pts)
- Which data collection methods were used? Explain briefly how they were implemented. (4 pts)
- Was a guide used? If so, describe. (3 pts)
- Were moderators trained? (2 pts)
- Were any steps taken to increase trustworthiness? (2 pts)
- What were the major results? (3 pts)
- Did you feel the conclusions were appropriate? Explain your answer. (4 pts)
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.