Developmental Milestones of Children from Birth Through Age 8 Presentation
As an early childhood education professional, it’s important for youto understand typical development of young children and signs torecognize when a child may not be developing as expected. For thisassignment, you will develop a presentation to be shared with colleaguesand volunteers who may work in your classroom or learning center. Yourpresentation will include information about the important developmentalmilestones of children from birth through age 8. You will also besharing how children’s physical development is connected to the overallwell-being of the child. Finally, you will also discuss signs that achild may be delayed in development.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Read Chapters 4 and 5 in your textbook.
- Review the web page on child development Basic Information.
- Find at least two Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other CredibleSources of information on early childhood physical developmentmilestones.
- Please use the attached PowerPoint Template for this assignment.
In your assignment,
- Describe one gross motor activity and one fine motor activity that encourages the development of infants (Birth – 12 months).
- Describe one gross motor activity and one fine motor activity that encourages development for toddlers (One year – Three years).
- Describe one gross motor activity and one fine motor activity thatencourages development for early childhood (Four – Eight years).
- Discuss one sign that might alert you to a delay in a child’s physical development for each of the following age-groups:
- Infant (Birth – 12 months)
- Toddler (One year – Three years)
- Early Childhood (Four – Eight Years)
- Describe, using an example, how children’s physical development is connected to the other domains of development:
Your Milestones Story for Physical Development presentation
- Must be at least six slides in length (not including title andreferences slides) and formatted according to APA style .
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or other crediblesources to support your theme. Be sure to cite these in APA format .
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If youhave questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for thisassignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has thefinal say about the appropriateness of a specific source for aparticular assignment.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted accordingto APA style.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.