Demonstrate understanding of verbal and nonverbal techniques as it is applied to therapeutic communication.
Module 02 Content
- Purpose of Assignment: Demonstrate understanding of verbal and nonverbal techniques as it is applied to therapeutic communication.
This assignment will use PowerPoint or other presentation software as a display of content based upon student preference.
The unit where you work has had several complaints regarding communication between the staff and clients. You have been selected as a committee member to create an educational tool identifying potential areas of improvement. The education tool should include a scenario of a nurse-client exchange that includes both verbal and nonverbal communication and provide the following:
- Identify examples of therapeutic and non-therapeutic communication techniques and therapeutic and non-therapeutic responses from the nurse used within the scenario.
- Explain how communication techniques demonstrated in scenario will contribute to a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Identify how non-verbal communication plays a role in communication.
- Describe how to incorporate this education into inter-professional communication.
- Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Logical, original and insightful
- Professional organization, style, and mechanics in APA format
- Submit document through Grammarly to correct errors before submission.
- Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendarfor specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below:
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.