Communication, Negotiation, and Decision-Making
This week’s discussion will focus on cultural negotiation using the case study Danone’s Wrangle with Wahaha (p. 255).
This case is a cautionary tale of how important cultural differences are when forming a strategic partnership or joint venture with companies from different countries.
Our content this week reflects on the impact of conflict on decision-making. As a decision-maker within your organization, it is important for you to deal with conflict in a skilled matter. Doing so can create positive outcomes and provide opportunities for improvement rather than undesirable results.
After reading the case, reflect on the following:
- What was the problem in the joint venture that triggered the conflict between the two companies?
- What were the differences of each company’s understanding of their own respective roles and responsibilities in this venture?
- Did any aspect of organizational cultural or national culture affect this perspective?
- As a leader, what are some ways you can handle conflict when it arises?
- writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced
- Write 4 paragraph essays (Introduction, body and conclusion)
Required to read the case study Danone’s Wrangle with Wahaha (p. 255) from this book, Luthans, F., & Doh, J. P. (2018) International management: Culture, strategy, and behavior (10th ed.) McGrawHill Education, New York, NY ISBN 13: 978-1259705076
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.