COMM109D Uc San Diego How Advertisements Convey Meaning Project Proposal
For your final project, you will investigate a topic of your choosing that helps you address one of the corequestions of the course, listed here:
- § Whatfactorsinfluencedthehistoricaldevelopmentofadvertising?(Week2)
- § Howdoesadvertisinginfluencejournalismandentertainmentmedia?(Week3)
- § Howisdigitaladvertisingdifferentfrommassmediaadvertising,andwhatisthenewpoliticaleconomy of media? (Week 4)
- § Whatculturalworkdobrandsdo?(Week5)
- § Howdoadvertisementsconveymeaning?(Weeks6and7)
- § Canadvertisingbesubversive?(Week8)
- § Whatisthefutureofadvertising,andcanitbecompatiblewithagoodlife?(Week10)Proposal
Due via TritonEd November 14 before 11:00 am
Worth 50 points, 5% of your course grade; 350-550 words (1.5-2 pages)The proposal is a way to kick-start your thinking for your final project.Your proposal should identify a core question from the list above that you want to address, and shouldreflect upon one or two topics you could include in your response to that question (for example, you maybe interested in topics such as gender, social media, sports, or industry).
• A good response will not cover every possibility. In fact, you will find it more fun and moremanageable to choose one aspect of the course that helps you answer the question. For example,a student interested in gender could respond to the question from week 8 (“Can advertising besubversive?”) by writing about representations of gender in advertisements that challenge orsubvert gender norms.
Your proposal should also do the following:
question, and explain why you think they will be relevant.
explain why you think they will be relevant.
o These could be Youtube or TV commercials, advertisements from digital platforms,
advertisements from magazines, or photos of display ads in public places, or other forms
o Include the name of the product or brand being advertised and a 1-2 sentence description
of the advertisement. These can be examples that were mentioned in class, but they donot have to be.
List your name and a possible title for your project at the top of your proposal. You do not need a WorksCited page for your proposal, but cite appropriately in text if you use other peoples’ ideas or words.
The proposal is graded check (43/50 points), check-plus (50/50 points), or check-minus (38/50 points).
§ Check-plus:Proposalshowsanespeciallythoughtfulunderstandingofcourseconcepts,andgivescreative, nuanced responses to all the parts of the instructions.
- § Check:Proposalshowsindependentunderstandingofcourseconcepts,andrespondstoalltheparts of the instructions.
- § Check-minus:Proposalshowsgeneralorlimitedcomprehensionofcourseconcepts,andrespondsto some parts of the instructions, but leaves out other parts.
- § Zero:Proposalismissing,unrelatedtocourseconcepts,orsignificantlyincomplete.
Reading for watkins: https://www.cjr.org/tow_center_reports/the-guide-to-advertising-technology.php
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.