Colorado Technical University Plea Bargaining Discussion
This weeks Unit DB2 examines immigration. Please check out the below link, that examines the issue of indigenous persons and their need to cross borders for migratory pattern needs. These needs to cross borders are essential for their existence as well as help improve our environment. Yet the governmental borders prevent these Native cultures from thriving due to requirements to have citizenship to cross borders. Is it important that these peoples be allowed to continue their nomadic culture?
Additionally, for an A students must explore alternative arguments in each unit. State more than one perspective.
Plea bargaining is a common practice in every criminal court in the United States. One of the strangest concepts is that the prosecutor enters into an agreement with the defense counsel for the accused. In exchange for a guilty plea, the defendant will receive a fixed punishment that both parties agree on. However, judges often hand down sentences that go against the plea bargain if they disagree with the severity of the sentence (or in their opinion, lack thereof). Typically, the parties inform the judge of the plea bargain prior to the judge imposing the sentence.
Primary Task Response: Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- What are the major reasons for plea bargaining? Explain.
- Do you believe that these are all valid reasons? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
- Is plea bargaining a fair concept to all concerned? Why or why not? Explain.
- How do you think plea bargaining conflicts with mandatory sentences? Explain.
- What do you think are the most significant problems regarding plea bargaining? Explain.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.