CIS349 Strayer University Designing Compliance within the LAN to WAN Domain HW
Imagine you are anInformation Systems Security Officer for a medium-sized financialservices firm that has operations in four (4) states (Virginia, Florida,Arizona, and California). Due to the highly sensitive data created,stored, and transported by your organization, the CIO is concerned withimplementing proper security controls for the LAN-to-WAN domain.Specifically, the CIO is concerned with the following areas:
The CIO has tasked you with proposing a series of hardware andsoftware controls designed to provide security for the LAN-to-WANdomain. The CIO anticipates receiving both a written report anddiagram(s) to support your recommendations.
Write a three to five page paper in which you:
- Use MS Visio or an open source equivalent to graphically depict a solution for the provided scenario that will:
- filter undesirable network traffic from the Internet
- filter Web traffic to the Internet that does not adhere to the organizational AUP for the Web
- allow for a zone for anonymous users but aggressively controls information exchange with internal resources
- allow for an area designed to trap attackers in order to monitor attacker activities
- offer a means to monitor network traffic in real time as a means to identify and block unusual activity
- hide internal IP addresses
- Identify the fundamentals of public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Describe the manner in which your solution will protect the privacy of data transmitted across the WAN.
- Analyze the requirements necessary to allow for proper operatingsystem and application patch management and describe a solution thatwould be effective.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, thestudent’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.The cover page and the reference page are not included in the requiredassignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent suchas Dia or OpenOffice. The completed diagrams / charts must be importedinto the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze information security systems compliance requirements within the Workstation and LAN Domains.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security strategy and policy formation.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to informationtechnology audit and control using proper writing mechanics andtechnical style conventions.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.