Capella University Healthcare Law Policy Presentation
Your Policy Proposal was well received by the senior leadership. Asa result, they have asked you to put together a presentation for one ofthe stakeholder groups that you identified in your proposal. Thepurpose of this presentation is to inform the group about the future oforganizational policy and practices, the current performance shortfalls,and a rationale for why the new policy and practices are needed. Youalso need to facilitate buy-in from the group by sharing how their workwill benefit from the new policy and guidelines.
Your presentation should be 8–12 slides in a program likePowerPoint, and it should contain audio of you speaking over the slides,as well as a brief transcript or notes. Note: If you have technical difficulties in recording your audio, you may instead include a full scriptof what you intended to say in the notes section of each slide in placeof recording audio. You may use a different program or piece oftechnology, provided you can still create a presentation with visualsand recorded audio. (You may wish to check with your instructor beforeattempting to use a different program or piece of technology.)
Note: As mentioned earlier in the course, if yourequire the use of assistive technology or alternative communicationmethods to participate in this activity, please contact DisabilityServices to request accommodations.
In your presentation, in an order that makes sense for yourapproach, senior leadership has asked that you address the following. Note:The bullet points below correspond to grading criteria in the scoringguide. Be sure your presentation is, at minimum, addressing each of thebullets. You may also want to read the Policy Proposal PresentationScoring Guide and Guiding Questions: Policy Proposal Presentation (bothlinked in the Resources) to better understand how each criterion will beassessed:
- Summarize your organization’s or care team’s approach to applyingthe local, state, or federal health care policy or law for which youare proposing a change in organizational policy and practice.
- Interpret for stakeholders the relevant benchmark metrics that illustrate the need for a policy and guidelines.
- Explain your proposed institutional policy and guidelines and howthey relate to the local, state, or federal health care policy or law.
- Analyze how your proposed institutional policy or practice guidelines would impact a stakeholder group.
- Advocate for how your proposal would improve quality and outcomes relevant to the stakeholder group to which you are presenting.
- Explain your strategies for collaborating with the stakeholdergroup to implement and apply your proposed institutional policy orpractice guidelines.
- Apply persuasive and effective communication when presenting to a group of stakeholders.
Example assignment: You may use the assignmentexample, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what aProficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Format and length of presentation: A PowerPoint Presentation containing 8–12 slides.
- Recorded audio of you presenting your PowerPoint that is targeted at key stakeholders in your audience.
- If you have technical difficulties in recording your audio, youmay instead include a full script of what you intended to say in thenotes section of each slide in place of recording audio.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3–5 sources of scholarly, professional, or policy evidence to support your analysis and recommendations.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
Submit your PowerPoint presentation and any other necessarydocumentation or links (if you used other technology) when you turn inthis assignment.
- Policy Proposal Presentation Scoring Guide.
- Guiding Questions: Policy Proposal Presentation [DOC].
- Unit 7 Assignment Example [PPTX].
- Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX].
- Record a Slide Show With Narration and Slide Timings.
- Building Buy-In and Communicating With Stakeholders | Transcript.
- Using Kaltura [PDF].
- Disability Services.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.