AU Complete Job Analysis Candidate Competency Discussion
YOU MUST NAME THE TITLE OF THE JOB, PROVIDE THE JOB DESCRIPTION (do not copy and paste), AND YOU MUST ALSO INCLUDE A COMPETENCY MODEL!!!
You should upload a 1 page report including and the details below AND a competency model once complete
Prepare a 1-2-page job description and competency model that follows a specified example. You will use O*Net Online to select the job.
Job analysis, job competencies, and job descriptions form critical elements of employee recruiting, selection, and organizational staffing. We must understand the job, know its nature, and describe its competencies before we can announce the position and attract quality applicants. To get to this point, the HR professional must have the skill to conduct research, including employee and supervisor interviews. These interviews will contain valuable real-life information that will describe the job to be advertised and filled. For this assessment, you will be developing a position description.
Job analysis, job competencies, and job descriptions form critical elements of employee recruiting, selection, and organizational staffing. We must understand the job, know its nature, and describe its competencies before we can announce the position and attract quality applicants. To get to this point, the HR professional must have the skills to conduct research, including employee and supervisor interviews. These interviews will contain valuable real-life information that will describe the job to be advertised and filled. For this assessment, you will be developing a position description.
Use O*Net Online to develop a job description and competencies for anyjob of your choosing. The job should have five to seven competencies. Your job description and competency model should follow this example of a medical job description for a Physician Assistant:
Serves in the Occupational Medicine Program (OMP), Occupational and Environmental Medicine (OEM), and other Occupational Health (OH) services and related matters.
Advises on OH program development, management, administration, and evaluation. Formulates OH service policies and objectives as required. Advises on program requirements and procedures. Establishes criteria for OH program evaluations and assessments. Advises on the development, interpretation, and application of occupational health standards. Provides technical assistance on health conservation requirements, OH practices, and delivery of OH services that affect worker health as needed. Participates in epidemiological investigation of disease, illness, or accidents of particular importance to the OH program as required.
Plans, coordinates, and conducts OH program consultation reviews, visits, and special studies. Evaluate the effectiveness of OH programs. Analyzes and interprets data on OH programs. Resolve complex OH problems to improve OH clinical services, health education, and wellness. Researches trends and patterns. Reports on findings and conclusions, with recommendations as needed.
Reviews state and federal regulations on occupational health for organizational impact, recommending changes as needed. Develops new OH program evaluation methods and criteria. Develops standard procedures, model administrative documents, and informational material relating to the development and management of installation OH programs. Develops innovative and unique methods of problem solving and evaluation.
Department of the Army (n.d.) Army position description: Physician’s assistant. Retrieved from: https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_…
Prepare a 1–2-page job description and competency model that follows the example given. Use O*Net Onlineto select the job you will describe, and include the following:
- Provide a description that includes knowledge of the content information and expertise associated with the work.
- Analyze what someone in this job would need to know and be able to do.
- Would they need to have special skills, training, licenses, or degrees?
- Define tasks and technology skills that are aligned to the context of the environment in which the work is done.
- Does the description include details on what the main tasks and skills are?
- How does the work environment impact the work?
- Create descriptions of work activities that match the context of the work.
- Are the job elements described?
- Are they consistent with job framework, setting, or expectations?
- Develop a description of work that displays a clear connection to measurable elements of performance.
- How are things connected and do they make sense?
- Would a potential job applicant be able to read the description and understand the job expectations?
Review the HR Challenge: HR Challenge: Job Analysis and Competency Modeling Scoring Guide to see the criteria by which your assessment will be evaluated. Before submitting your assessment for evaluation, review your draft in SafeAssign to check your use of source material.
The deliverable for this assessment applies professional skills in Human Resources Management (HRM) to workplace situations which you will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in HRM. As part of your learning, we focus on the development of effective professional communication skills for the workplace. Your assessment should meet the following additional requirements:
- Length: Your plan should be 1–2 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the cover and resources pages.
- The first page should be a cover sheet with your name, the course number, assessment title, and date. No other information is required on this page.
- The last page should be the reference list.
- Organization: Make sure that your assessment writing is well-organized, using headings and subheadings to organize content for the reader.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Resources: Use 1–2 references from trade publications or other relevant sources.
- Evidence: Support your assertions with data and in-text citations.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA Style and Format guidelines.
- Written communication:
- Support main points and recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.
- Address the appropriate audience, using familiar, discipline-specific language and terminology.
- Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and grammar.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.