Organizational Strategy and Design
This is a two-part assignment. You started this assignment in Unit 1. You will finish and submit this assignment in Unit 2. Complete Part 2 of this assignment by executing the requirements below. You will combine Part 1 and Part 2 of this assignment in Unit 2 and submit it to the Unit 2 Dropbox for grading. Procrastination can be detrimental to your success in this class.
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this assignment:
GB580-1: Evaluate the organizational design of a business using strategic management principles.
Congratulations! You are the new general manager of the Turul Winery based on the FLIGBY simulation theme and gameplay. As the new general manager of the Turul Winery, you will need to quickly assess the state of the organization from a strategic perspective. You will utilize internal strategic analysis tools to evaluate the overall organizational design of the Turul Winery business. You will analyze the organization to build intelligence on its organizational structure, governance, policies, systems, organizational culture, talent pool, resources, capabilities, and the business’s core competencies.
Your goal is to demonstrate skill and expertise in assessing and planning a results-oriented organizational (corporate level) strategy focused on resilience, efficiency, and innovation to ensure competitive advantage, sustainability, and growth. You will use the results of these analyses to inform the development of a strategic report due to the owner of Turul Winery in 2 weeks’ time. Use the following criteria to evaluate the organizational design of the business and to create the strategic report.
Assignment Part 1 Requirements:
Strategy Report Format
- Use a report template to develop your strategic report to the owner of Turul Winery.
- Your strategic report should have a title page, table of contents, executive summary page, content pages, and a reference page.
- Design a professional report using images, charts, diagrams, etc., to aid in the dissemination of information.
- The strategy report is written in the third person.
- Explain the importance of developing a distinctive strategy to ensure long-term success for the Turul Winery.
- Evaluate the competitive advantages of the Turul Winery.
- Explain how to develop a winning strategy that will ensure long-term success for the Turul Winery.
- Evaluate the vision, mission, and values of the Turul Winery organization.
Strategic Management Hierarchy
- Evaluate the corporate level of the Turul Winery using strategic management principles.
- Evaluate the business unit level of the Turul Winery using strategic management principles.
- Evaluate the functional level of the Turul Winery using strategic management principles.
Organizational Design Theory
- Explain the value of organizational design using theories, principles, and concepts from peer-reviewed research.
- Explain the relationship between organizational design and strategic development using peer-reviewed research.
- Develop a statement explaining the ideal organizational design approach for Turul Winery.
- Evaluate the Turul Winery organizational structure configuration.
- Determine three advantages of the Turul Winery organizational structure configuration.
- Determine three disadvantages of the Turul Winery organizational structure configuration.
Assignment Part 2 Requirements:
The McKinsey 7-S Framework
- Evaluate the current situation of the Turul Winery organization using the McKinsey 7-S framework.
- Determine a minimum of ONE organizational strength of the Turul Winery for each category in the McKinsey 7-S framework.
- Determine a minimum of ONE organizational weakness of the Turul Winery for each category in the McKinsey 7-S framework.
- Concisely explain how the competing values framework is used to evaluate the organizational culture of a business.
- Using the competing values framework, evaluate the Turul Winery to identify the dominant culture quadrant of the organization.
- Explain the distinctive organizational and individual factors of the chosen dominant culture quadrant.
- Develop a concise description of the organizational identity of the Turul Winery organization.
Core Competencies: Resources & Capabilities
- Explain how the principles of the resource-based view theory and framework are useful in evaluating the organizational design and strategy of the Turul Winery.
- Using the VRIO framework to analyze the Turul Winery organization, determine three tangible and intangible resources of the business.
- Using the VRIO framework to analyze the Turul Winery organization, determine three capabilities and dynamic capabilities of the business.
Organizational Policy: Performance, Innovation and Ethics
- Formulate one new organizational policies that will drive performance at the Turul Winery.
- Formulate one new organizational policies that will drive innovation at the Turul Winery.
- Formulate one new organizational policies that will ensure the Turul Winery is an organization devoted to social responsibility.
- Develop conclusive remarks on the current state of the Turul Winery organization from the perspective of strategic management theories, principles, and concepts.
- Develop conclusive remarks on the current state of the organizational design of the Turul Winery organization from the perspective of organizational design theories, principles, and concepts.
- Develop a minimum of five recommendations to improve the organizational design of the Turul Winery over the next 3 years.
Audience, Reasoning, and Research
- The strategy report addresses the owner of the Turul Winery.
- Use reasoning skills to support your statements, ideas, and decisions.
- Use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic research resources to substantiate your thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
- Apply APA style to in-text citations with minor errors.
- Apply APA style to references, with minor to no errors.
- Research resources are from reliable and/or scholarly sources.
- Writing is focused, concise and organized.
- Articulates at a college level.
- Few or no grammar or punctuation errors.
- Uses non-offensive, inclusive, and respectful language.
- Use headings to segment the topics in your writing in order to create a flow of ideas for your reader.
Directions for Submitting your Assignment
Compose your assignment in a Word document and save it as Username GB580 Unit 2 Assignment (Example: JSmith GB580 Unit 2 Assignment.doc). Submit your file by selecting the Unit 2: Assignment Dropbox.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.